Rockville, MD, United States of America
BTI Security is committed to hiring top notch professionals. Our industry-low turnover rate shows we know how to attract quality employees as well as retain them.
BTI seeks a Senior Accountant to support our corporate and contract operations. The Accountant is responsible for reviewing or performing accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll functions, reconciliation and posting to the general ledger and financial statement month-end closing and reporting.
Job Skills / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Administer the accounts payable function including maintaining the subsidiary ledger in the accounting software, verifying vendor invoices, prompt payment of vendors and maintaining proper accounting documentation.
- Administer the accounts receivable function including maintaining the subsidiary ledger in the accounting software, timely client billing, processing incoming payments in the accounting software, preparing bank deposits, and maintaining proper accounting documentation.
- Payroll processing including verifying hours and pay rates employees are to be paid each pay period, communicating payroll changes, submitting information to payroll vendor for processing and maintaining proper accounting documentation; This position requires knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Service Contract Act and Wage Determination Standards.
- Cash flow management including, reconciling monthly bank statements and investigating any discrepancies, preparing and maintaining cash flow forecasts and corporate budgets.
- Financial reporting including preparation of timely monthly financial statements (Balance Sheet and Income Statements), Job Cost reporting, cost/benefit analysis, analyzing trends, costs, revenue, financial commitments and obligations to accurately forecast cash flow and the overall financial position of BTI. This includes reconciliation of trial balance accounts on a monthly basis.
- The duties of this position also include exercising professional judgment to analyze and resolve moderately complex accounting issues and transaction, provide feedback to corporate management and project managers.
- Perform other relevant and Ad Hoc duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Knowledgeable of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP).
- Ability to analyze financial data to make recommendations to improve the financial performance, profitability, or cash position of a company
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), including knowledge of cost principles relating to indirect cost allocations and unallowable costs.
- Ability to understand, analyze and make recommendation of indirect cost pools and rate structures.
- Proficient with QuickBooks and WinTeam Accounting software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other relevant software.
- Communication skills both verbally and in writing is essential for this position.
- Ability to problem solve using logical thought processes to define problems, research and collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions is essential to this position.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail is required in order to process and remain organized based on the volume of data this position will encounter.
- The ability to Multi-Task (Work on multiple tasks simultaneously with regular interruptions).
- Work professionally using courtesy and tact with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone, and in writing.
- Complete tasks effectively within a reasonable amount of time.
- Establishes a rapport and good communication with co-workers, clients and others.
- Follow and apply the Company’s Policies and Procedures, and applicable rules and regulations.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- BS/BA Accounting, Finance or Business Management preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience in a professional business environment; government contracting experience preferred.
- Good written and verbal command of the English language (required since we work on federal government contracts).
- Effectively communication in a courteous, professional and tactful manner by e-mail, telephone and in person with co-workers, management, clients and others.
- Responds well to questions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates good listening skills.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, such as working well with others and motivating people.
- Use of clear, succinct and informative communication (verbal and written) with co-workers, management, clients and others in favorable or unfavorable situations.
- Proficient in writing clear and concise business correspondence.
Education Requirements (Any)
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the CEO
This is a Full-Time position
Number of Openings for this position: 1