Are you a professional, organized administrative support specialist with experience in human resources? Do you understand the value in processes to improve effectiveness and want to be an important asset in a growing company? Is supporting the administrative needs of the HR department and throughout the organization significant to you? If you are excited about the opportunity to contribute to a dynamic organization, this may be the job for you!
The HR Assistant supports the administrative needs of the HR department. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the HR Department in the areas of recruiting, new hire on-boarding, maintenance of employment records, accept, screen and route incoming calls, works closely with payroll, . The HR Assistant works alongside with the HR manager to maintain the overall goals for the Human Resources department including the company’s HR principles, practices, and initiatives. This is a hands on/"roll up your sleeves" type of position which includes both tactical and strategic HR objectives. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Human Resources Manager.
• Provides administrative support for HR programs, policies and procedures.
• Supports the HR department with the new hire/on-boarding and termination/exit communication and processes
• Preparing new employee files
• Accepts, screens and routes incoming calls
• Creates, organizes and maintains electronic and physical employee files and paperwork
• Supports other HR administrative functions such as data entry, filing, etc.
• Maintains I-9 compliance, including E-Verify
• Scheduling pre-hire events and assisting in interview process
• Participates in recruitment and retention efforts
• Collecting employment and tax information
• Ensuring background and reference checks are completed
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Performs other duties as assigned
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
• Considerable knowledge of human resource law, principles and practices (and stays current in HR laws/ issues)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and team-oriented outlook
• Strong communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, employees, and various plan participants.
• Strong working knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems (e.g. TEAM Software) and Microsoft products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio.
• Skills to utilize HR judgment based on past experience and education
• Ability to work in a team orientated environment and possess the flexibility to thrive and be successful in a rapidly growing company that values an individual’s ability to play a variety of key roles
• Ability to self-direct and quickly assimilate new information
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities
• Ability to show attention to detail
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively (both verbally and in writing) with and support all levels of employees and management
• Ability to stay focused, prioritize, multi-task, and keep organized with attention to follow up
• Ability to be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• At least three (3) years of varied Human Resources management experience
• At least five (5) years of Administrative Support experience
• Associate degree or 2 years of college
• Effective HR administration and people management skills.
• Excellent customer service and client relations
• Exposure to payroll practices.
• Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
High School Diploma/GED
At Least 2 Years of College
BTI Security offers a competitive salary range of $32,000 - $35,000 per year. Benefits include health insurance, 7 holidays per year, PTO, 401(K), and opportunity to join a fast-growing company with endless opportunities for professional growth.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This is a Full-Time position
Number of Openings for this position: 1