Are you a current or former Law Enforcement Professional seeking a stable career update allowing you to demonstrate your experience and training, while providing you the opportunity to continue serving your communities?
BTI Security is committed to hiring high caliber security professionals. Our industry-low turnover rate shows we know how to attract quality employees as well as retain them.
We are currently seeking prior Law Enforcement and Military professionals to become Protective Security Officers under the Federal Protective Service (Department of Homeland Security).
As a Protective Security Officer, our mission is to support The Federal Protective Service which protects Federal facilities and those who occupy them by conducting law enforcement and protective security services. Protective security and law enforcement personnel act as one team. Every day we protect the homeland by managing risk and ensuring continuity for one of the most crucial elements of our national critical infrastructure, our Nation's Federal facilities.
Minimum Requirements for this position for all personnel:
• Shall fluently speak, read, comprehend, and compose coherent written reports in English
• Be a minimum of 21 years of age
• Be a United States citizen; or Lawful Permanent Resident who is currently a member of, or who possesses a verifiable honorable discharge from, any component the United States Armed Forces
• or Been issued a Social Security Card by the Social Security Administration, which bears the individuals name and social security number
You must have verifiable documentation of at least one experience level AND at least one educational level or any reasonable combination listed below:
• A minimum of two (2) years of security (armed) or law enforcement experience; or
• A minimum of two (2) years of honorable service as a member of any U.S.Armed Forces component
• Received a High School Diploma from an accredited learning institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or as identified on a DD 214; or
• Received a General Equivalency Diploma from an accredited learning institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or as identified on a DD 214; or
• A minimum of 60 credit hours, in a related field, from an accredited learning institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education; or
• Successful completion of a federal/state certified law enforcement education and training or police officer’s standard training course that may result in a law enforcement appointment or commission
High School Diploma/GED
All Required PSO Training and Certs
TxDPS Security License (Texas Armed)
Training is required to work on Federal Contracts. Eligible candidates must be available to take 100-120 Hours of training and pass a Medical Screening including a Physical Agility Test, and a Federal Background Check via eQip.
This is a Full and Part-Time position