We are a rapidly-growing company that currently serves numerous customers across North East Ohio and is headquartered in Canton, OH. We provide services to local industries such as medical buildings, corporate headquarters, educational facilities, and manufacturing plants. The company uses a client-focused approach to service customers and build lasting relationships.
The corporate culture at the company is entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, value-driven, and family-oriented. Being people and systems focused creates numerous opportunities for personal and professional growth as well as a strong team environment. We utilize our traditional values and visionary thinking to provide excellent quality customer service. Everyone works together to deliver results that are in the best interests of the company and its customers. We differentiate ourselves in the market place by delivering quality service through innovative processes and being customer-focused.
The Assistant Area Manager will be responsible for all aspects of daily operations at commercial property accounts in Akron/Canton and the surrounding areas. This is an exciting position as part of a growing company with strong values. This position will be heavily engaged in managing customer relationships pro-actively through activities such as charity events, lunches, and sporting events.
• 4-year Bachelor's degree a preferred
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Experience in managing an unskilled labor force in a labor-intensive industry
• Multi-site operations experience is preferred
• 5 to 10 years experience in people management
• A minimum of 4 years of employment with one employer is a must
SKILLS & TALENTS NEEDED
• Proven P&L responsibility
• Experienced in developing, meeting and beating fiscal budgets
• History of handling multiple priorities for sophisticated and demanding customers
• Experienced in developing and maintaining strong customer relationships
• Skilled in hiring, firing and performance feedback
• Must be able to communicate clearly and frequently both verbally and in writing up and down the chain of command
• Extensive skills in Excel spreadsheets and automated time keeping
• Skilled in utilizing technology to grade and manage a quality inspection program
• Proven skills to develop and manage safety programs
• Experienced in building, managing and leading a high-performance team
• Intense honesty/integrity. Does not cut corners ethically.
• Organization and planning skills.
• Aggressiveness. Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
• Analytical skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it.
• Ability to develop people.
• Listening skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
• Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
• The compensation program is above industry standards
• Incentive compensation based on meeting and beating metric goals
• Car and phone allowance
• Insurance benefits
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift.