SSC is the corporate services provider our clients rely on
to ensure the health, safety and efficiency of their people.
As a fully integrated provider of uniformed security, investigative, and consulting services, we provide the highest levels of asset protection to hundreds of customers and maintain a strong force of professionally trained Security Officers.
Operations Supervisor reports to the Account Manager with a dotted line to the Operations Manager. The Operations Supervisor is responsible for the overall Security operations for the assigned work location and act as an onsite liaison with client contacts.
Ideal candidate will be capable of working independently to ensure that all Security Operations are running efficiently and in accordance Company protocols. Additionally ideal candidate will have excellent supervisory skills, impressive ability to communicate well with others both verbally and in writing, and ability to think critically in any situation.
• Provide high level of customer service and assistance to clients in a courteous and professional manner.
• Conduct post inspections to ensure adherence to prescribed performance and appearance standards.
• Ensures all reports, forms, and timesheets are completed clearly, accurately and submitted in a timely manner.
• Communicates with Management any pertinent information relative to ensuring proper service to clients, issues in operations, and non-routine incidents.
• Assists in employee relations and supervision to support Management and Site Supervisors.
• Assist with the training of all employees in the filed.
• Assist in recognition and identification of outstanding performance of employees in the field..
• Observe for any conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards.
• Respond to emergency situations and/or alarms and contact appropriate emergency services based upon situation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• HS Diploma or GED.
• Must have previous supervisory/management experience in industrial and corporate security environments and/or previous law enforcement experience, demonstrated supervision of security personnel, and posses a demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and motivate a diverse group individuals to achieve a clients job needs. Must maintain valid CT State Driver’s License.
• Must posses a CT State Issued License as Security Officer.
• Be able to pass a drug screen.
• Successfully pass a background check that includes personal references, criminal history, employment & education verification, DMV check and credit check if applicable
• Must have reliable transportation and valid Driver’s License .
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Good working knowledge of Security Operations.
• Understanding of supervisory methods.
• Understanding of safety practices in a business environment.
• Ability to provide high level of customer service.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Be computer proficient.
• Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing in communicating with the public and co-workers, giving and receiving instructions
• High attention to detail.
• Ability to work in various environments including but not limited to adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain, heat.
• Must be able to work as part of a team and motivate others.
• Must be able to manage stressful situations and maintain their own composure throughout.
• Must maintain ethical conduct at all times.
• Must be able to communicate instructions in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
• Must be Customer/Client focused.
• Must be able to actively listen to others.
• Must be able to think critically in all situations
High School Diploma
State Security Officer License/Registration
Industry leading comprehensive benefits package including:
For Full Time positions:
Weekly pay checks; Medical/Dental/Vision; Company paid life insurance; 401k; Paid time off/Holidays; No Charge Uniforms; Bereavement pay; Short-term disability/cancer expense insurance/accident insurance/hospital indemnity; Training for State mandated security guard license and Red Cross/AED/CPR - where required by client sites.
SSC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Education Verification, Employment Verification
This job reports to the Account Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, School Hours, Position requires travel to multiple locations.
Number of Openings for this position: 1