SSC, Inc is the corporate services provider our clients rely on to ensure the health, safety and efficiency of their people. As a fully integrated provider of uniformed security, investigative, and consulting services, we provide the highest levels of asset protection to hundreds of customers and maintain a strong force of professionally trained Security Officers.
Full Time (40 hours per week) candidate hired a $250 Sign on Bonus will be paid and for any Part Time (less than 40 hours) a $175 Sign on Bonus will be pay at the completion of ninety (90) days of satisfactory and continuous employment. Must provide Reference Number 00021 at time of application. Must meet all job requirements and be in good standing to receive Sign On Bonus.
This is an exciting, dynamic opportunity for a Campus Public Safety Officer to join our Organization to provide security, safety and community services to Campus employees, students and visitors. Our Officers provide campus wide safety and security services for campus community members and campus physical property. We are seeking individuals capable of monitoring, analyzing and identifying situations and determining the best approach to resolve the situations they encounter. Ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, impressive ability to communicate well with other, and ability to think critically in any situation. Location is T Accessible.
Specific Duties and Job Functions:
• Perform security patrols of designated areas by foot or vehicle.
• Observe for any conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
• Respond to emergency situations and/or alarms and contact appropriate emergency services based upon situation.
• Monitor for the presence of unauthorized persons
• Maintain access control of premises and monitors entrances and exits
• Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities
• Provide high level of customer service and assistance to clients, client employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• 18 years of age or older
• One (1) year previous Security experience highly preferred.
• Must posses a State Issued License as Security Officer (where applicable) or meet qualifications to complete state required Security Officer Affidavit/Registration.
• Be able to pass a drug screen
• Successfully pass a background check that includes personal references, criminal history, employment & education verification, DMV check and credit check if applicable
• Have access to reliable transportation
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Good working knowledge of Security Operations.
• Understanding of Safety Practices in a Business environment.
• Ability to provide high level of Customer Service.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Be computer proficient
• Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing in communicating with the public and co-workers, giving and receiving instructions
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work in various environments including but not limited to adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain, heat.
• Must be able to work as part of a team.
• Must be able to manage stressful situations and maintain their own composure throughout.
• Must maintain ethical conduct at all times.
• Must be able to communicate instructions in a clear and concise manner.
• Must be Customer/Client focused.
• Must be able to actively listen to others.
• Must be able to think critically in all situations.
High School Diploma
Industry leading comprehensive benefits package including:
For Full Time positions:
Weekly pay checks; Medical/Dental/Vision; Company paid life insurance; 401k; Paid time off/Holidays; No Charge Uniforms; Bereavement pay; Short-term disability/cancer expense insurance/accident insurance/hospital indemnity; Training for State mandated security guard license and Red Cross/AED/CPR - where required by client sites.
SSC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Operations Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift.