Commonwealth Extracts, a quickly growing company in the emerging botanical extracts industry, operates a state of the art extraction, manufacturing, and repackaging facility in Louisville, KY. Focusing solely on botanical extracts, our platform features Supercritical CO2 Fluid Extraction due to its environmental impact and lack of toxicity. This is the first working system of its kind in The Commonwealth.
We are seeking integrity-driven individuals with mechanical experience, to join our team in producing the highest quality product for this quickly expanding market.
We need qualified operators to own and facilitate our state of the art manufacturing process to extract CBD oil from hemp. This position is responsible for production, quality, safety, and compliance in our FDA-registered facility, continuing to meet or exceed all current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) for food manufacturing standards.
Positions are in a warehouse facility including catwalk environment. Currently have an open 2nd shift positions.
This is a full-time position which requires consistent attendance and performance within the required schedule. Mon-Fri with Saturday OT- 2nd Shift 3pm-11:30pm. Flexibility to work weekends as the business needs is essential. Facility runs Monday - Saturday, with move to 24/7 expected in the near future.
Hourly pay starting at $13/hr with 3 month and 6 month performance reviews for possible pay increase. Shift differential for 2nd ($1/hr).
- Previous mechanical or machine experience
- Beginner-Intermediate level computer skills, including website navigation, use of internal warehouse management systems, and MS Office Word and Excel.
- Must have mechanical/machine experience
- Communication proficiency, written and verbal.
- Organized, time management strategies and attention to detail.
- Basic math, logic, and problem solving.
- Collaborative, accountable team member.
- Self directed and passion for learning and growth.
The Operator will own the job-readiness of the extraction machine, to ensure maintenance or troubleshooting is performed by the appropriate technician for optimal performance and productivity.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas, using material handling equipment and safe work methods.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type or product code.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Open bales, crates and other containers.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program, warehouse or inventory management system.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Weigh, measure, and count items for production to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Perform housekeeping and facilities maintenance duties as needed, including sweep, dust and mop work areas. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Required use of personal protective equipment (PPE) for specific processes, such as using a respirator, wearing a smock, safety-minded close-toed shoes, hairnets, gloves, and hard hats.
- Compliance with all standard operating procedures in support of OSHA, Food & Drug Association (FDA), and commonwealth/federal regulations.
- Positive contributor to a drug free productive workplace and inclusive culture.
- Maintain proprietary and confidential information.
High School Diploma/GED
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This is a Full-Time position 2nd Shift, Weekends.