Accounts Receivable Payable Clerk
The Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk plays a vital role in maintaining financial records and assisting with the general operations of the finance department. The Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk handles a broad spectrum of accounting duties such as general bookkeeping, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements;
obtaining authorization of payment.
- Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds;
preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information
- Maintain accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments,
payments, or adjustments.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assists on gathering information for on-boarding new vendors/suppliers.
- Assists on gathering information for on-boarding new customers.
- Maintains records (i.e. W9, Sales Tax Exempt Form, Hold Harmless, NDA, & COI) on all
customers, vendors, suppliers.
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Data Entry Skills
- General Math Skills
- Financial Software
- Analyzing Information
- Attention to Detail
- Reporting Research Results
- Verbal Communication
Experience and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- WBE & DBE Certified
- Equal opportunity employer
High School Diploma/GED
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.